Monday, October 18, 2010

Public Art in Reno


You do not notice it if you are just walking in the downtown Reno. I love to see the clear sky, so I was walking in the downtown and looking the sky. Then I found the small art district banner. I do not know how I can describe it, but it has two parts. One part looks like a metal banner which has many squares, and the other part has an artistic pinwheel. The pinwheel spins like a living thing because it usually stops like it never moves, but when the wind blows, it starts to spin cheerfully. While I was watching the public art, I was beginning to wonder if the artist came up the spinning idea with his or her memory of childhood. This is because I used to have a pinwheel as one of my favorite toys when I was little, and the art work reminded me of my childhood memory.            

1 comment: